Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tips for Women: What to wear for the job interview!

 I am a Personal Shopper for  a major non profit women's organization.
 Today I applied all of my skills to help a woman who called  Women In Touch and asked for clothing for a job interview. 
Today I made a difference in her life.
I dressed her from head to toe.
 I gave her information for Women's Health Services and some personal products. 
I told her she can do it .
What a rewarding experience it always is for me.
I remember when I was trying to make a difference for myself and my children after being on Public Assistance and getting  no where. 
There was a group of neighborhood women who wanted me to get the job, but I did not have the proper clothing, they went shopping for me and even went into their own closet and offered me a selection of shoes, clothing, handbags. 
I was so sharp and so confident when I went for that job interview. 
I got the job! 
And so can you! 
If you can't make it to Women In Touch or other organizations that help Women, follow this list below to make sure you are dressed appropriate:
Women's Interview Attire
  • Solid color, conservative suit
  • Coordinated blouse
  • Moderate shoes
  • Limited jewelry
  • Neat, professional hairstyle
  • Tan or light hosiery
  • Go light on the make-up & perfume
  • Manicured nails
  • Portfolio or briefcase or neutral hand bag
@Woman In Touch   

No comments: